STEVE LIM LIP HOONG
CHIEF LEARNING OFFICER, AFFIN HWANG CAPITAL MANAGEMENT BERHAD
Date: Saturday, 17th April 2021
Time: 2pm - 4pm MYT
- Graduate from the University of Hawaii with a double major in Finance and Accounting, and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder.
- Joined Affin Hwang Asset Management ("Affin Hwang AM") on 1 June 2010 as Chief Product Officer.
- Set up an academy to cater to the learning and training needs of various clients after taking role as Chief Learning Officer in January 2014 and product development for the fund management, stock-broking, onshore and offshore private banking industries.
- Offshore experience includes marketing of wealth management services and formulating investment strategies for the high net worth individual market segment.
- Before moving offshore, he also covered various aspects of the capital market as fund manager for institutional sales and product director in several renowned financial groups in Malaysia.
- A talk on basic and intermediate finance practices including monthly budgets, expenses, insurances, and debt management.
- In simple concept financial management means, if you save me today – I will save you tomorrow. In this competitive era, funds are acquired from several sources. Finance management is classified based on business activities or company’s accounts or personal accounts. Financial management examples for individuals include managing monthly budgets, expenses, shopping, etc.